10 Awesome Facts About KISSING That Will Spark Your Day
Passionate, deep kisses do a better job of getting you in the mood… because they elevate your blood pressure, make your heart beat faster and send blood through your body, which make it easier for you to get excited. That’s a fact almost every experienced kisser is aware of. However, that’s not all there is to know about kissing. Read on to find out more interesting facts about kissing.
1. Most women prefer kissing men without beard – Men, this is something to seriously consider if you’re having a hard time getting a kiss from that lady. Women hate a man with beards because they fear the man will have ‘lower romantic attachment’.
2. Kissing is more hygienic than shaking hands – According to a finding, People who greet each other with handshakes are much more likely to pass on germs such as flu, cold and stomach bugs, than those who settle for a peck on the cheek.
3. 25 calories can be burnt by kissing someone for one minute continuously – Kissing is good for your relationship, but you may wonder if it does your body any good. Stop wondering. Giving your lips a good workout apparently is okay for the rest of you as well: Kissing burns calories.
4. The Science of kissing is called Philematology and the one who masters kissing is called Osculologist – Just in case you were so into kissing that you want to make a career out of it, the study of kissing itself is called philematology. And someone who studies kissing is called an osculologist.
5. While kissing, two-thirds of people tilt their heads to the right – You practiced your kissing stance in the womb. Two-thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss. Weirdly, this is a habit you might pick up before you’re even born, according to Women’s Health. Most fetuses tilt their head to the right while in the womb as well. So it looks like you start practicing pretty early.
6. The world record for longest kiss is 58 hours, 35 minutes, and 58 seconds and belongs to Thailand’s Ekkachai and Laksana Tiranarat – I bet you can’t beat that!
7. Kissing might determine the fate of your relationship. Couples that are really good at making out together tend to have healthier relationships.
8. Your lips are actually more sensitive than your think. It’s part of the reason we love kissing so much. Our lips are super-sensitive. You have a ton of nerve endings in your lips: approximately 10,000. The clitoris has only 8,000.
9. The French didn’t have a term for “French kiss” until 2013 – According to the Associated Press, France just added the term galocher to their dictionaries a few years ago, although French kissing was popularized after British soldiers saw how passionately the French kissed while visiting during World War I. It was also once known as the “Florentine kiss.”
10. There’s a reason the bride and groom kiss at weddings – According to Kissing Christians by Michael Philip Penn, kissing used to be a means to sign a contract.