Editor’s note: So I’ve been really interested in the real estate sector in recent times and discovered this nice article which s a must read for all. Check it out and let’s hear what you think.
Lagos is one of the most expensive cities to live in Nigeria. In recent years, property and living cost have risen tremendously. The development of Lagos into a mega city has seen an upswing in the cost of property. Expensive estates are springing up in all parts of the city.
Below are some of the most expensive places to live in Lagos
1. Eko Atlantic: is a new city in Lagos currently being built on reclaimed land on the Atlantic Ocean overlooking the former beach front of the Bar Beach. It is adjacent to Victoria Island, When completed, Eko Atlantic will rise as the next generation of property in Africa.
The city will satisfy needs for financial, commercial, residential and tourist accommodations with a state-of-the-art high-tech infrastructure in line with modern and environmental standards. With a per square meter of land costing as high as $4, 000, it is one of the most expensive housing project in Africa
2. Ikoyi: Ikoyi has been in existence since the colonial times. During colonialism, Ikoyi used to be the exclusive preserve of the British ruling and elite of that time. When they left, the Nigerian political and economic elite inherited the posh neighborhood. In Ikoyi, you will find Nigeria’s power brokers. 3 Bedroom apartment costs N13-15 Million per annum
3.Victoria Island: The Ikoyi extension of Victoria overlooking the Atlantic Ocean is one of the most expensive places to live in Lagos.
4. Lekki: Lekki has emerged to be the abode of the noveau riche. Apart from being expensive, Lekki is fast developing into the Beverly Hills of Lagos. It is home to Lagos corporate moguls, celebrities and captain of industries.
5.Ajah: Beyond Lekki is Ajah another fast developing area of Lagos where rent has become very high in recent times.
6.Magodo: Magodo on Lagos Mainland is another expensive neighborhood. In recent times, Magodo are competing with neighborhoods on Lagos Island.
7. Ikeja:—Allen Avenue, Opebi: For so long, Ikeja has been the abode of the rich and famous in Lagos. In the 1990s, places like Allen Avenue, Opebi, Toyin Street are synonymous with expensive shops, boutiques and exotic hot spots.
8.Surulere: Since the facelift and the upgrade done on Surulere by the former Governor Fashola administration, that axis of Lagos has become one of the most sought after area of Lagos. The expensive Adeniran Ogunsanya Street to high end malls and shopping centers.
9.Gbagada: Gbagada on Lagos Mainland has the reputation as one of the most expensive places in Lagos.Its sits at the center of the city.
10. Ikeja GRA: Ikeja GRA is perhaps the most expensive place in Lagos Mainland today. Long before the development n many parts of Lagos, GRA has been home to the rich and famous
11. Parkview Estate: Parkview in Ikoyi is the most expensive neighbourhood in Lagos with property running into hundreds of millions of Naira.
12. Banana Island: Banana Island is the premier neighbourhood in Lagos next in prestige and cost to Eko Atlantic in cost.
13. Maryland: Maryland is an expensive neighbourhood in Lagos. Its proximity to Lagos Island makes it desirable for many rich Lagosians who can afford to live there.
Got anything to say? Join our Facebook conversation below: