Nigerian Elections 2019 : The Ultimate Voters Survival Guide
Yep It’s that exciting time again! Ready or not, 2019 elections are around the corner and they’ll be over before you say Eko-Oni baje. As a sure-Lagos-person, planning ahead is a proactive lifestyle in this concrete jungle.
Do you have your Permanent Voters Card (PVC) ready? Yaay!!! Ok but are you really prepared for the Election Day shenanigans?!🗳
Well, Lekki Republic put together a few tips to make your election day hassle free and better:
- Voters card (PVC) in hand.
- You know your election polling unit(You can confirm here
- Visit/locate tour the address of your polling unit.
- Get your handy gadgets fully charged.
- Have a power bank. (fully charged)
- Wear clothes and shoes you are comfortable in. I’d recommend canvas/sneakers if you ask me.👟
- Get a face cap or sun-hat 👒🧢
- Have snacks/water/drinks or whatever you snack on all stashed for nibbling.
- Back-pack or knapsack to carry all your necessaries.
- Go to your polling unit in a group if you can (family members, neighbour etcetera) for security reasons.
- Carry your praying mat if you’re a Muslim.
- If you’re a ‘bookie’, you could go with a book/novel as well. Might come in handy.
- Have a hand sanitizer!
- Be alert and stay security conscious.
Be safe out there fam.
Bilkisu Oje is a fun loving member of the republic. She’s a lawyer and a writer who loves to explore and have fun. Follow her on Instagram @queenbee_x0x.