Top 5 Ice Cream shops on the Island
I scream, you scream, we all scream because of ________
Hey there fellow sweet tooths, today we will be going over my top 5 recommended Ice cream spots on the Island. I added links to each spot that contain more information about them including contact details and social media presence to make your search more convenient, You are welcome in advance.
- Hans and Rene Gelataria: My friends could not shut up about this place, then i tried it and I understood why. It felt like a piece of myself had been missing all this while and i finally found it. This shop arguably has the best ice cream in Lagos, they don’t even consider it Ice Cream instead they call it “gelato” which is basically ice cream with Masters and PHD from the abroad. It is sweeter, has less air and yet still manages to have less fat (how is that even possible????!!!!). They’re in Victoria Island with a stand at the IMAX Cinema in Lekki. Check Hans and rene here.See also: Where to Buy So Yummy Popcorn in Lekki
- Cold Stone Creamery:This list would not be complete without mentioning this place, they’re known for having sweet treats such as oreos, wafers, nuts, syrups, coconut shavings, sprinkles, and maltesers and so much more to accompany their delicious ice creams, with very thick and delicious cones, like that wasn’t enough; their hospitality is amazing. These guys burst into a song while getting your order ready (not all their shops in Lekki, VI, Ikoyi and Ajah do this) and although some may find that annoying, I am pretty sure a lot of people would enjoy that. They also have these divine cakes and smoothies that make you feel like you are falling in love for the first time. Visit Coldstone on our Business Directory.
- Ice Cream factory: I like to think of myself as an artsy individual so once I stepped into the building, I was sold by the ambiance and environment, then came the Ice cream and I had to give them “Jale”. I was mind blown to say the least and from then on I turned it to my ritual, every-time I find myself on Admiralty way in the evening, I get some suya at the Bukha Compound then proceed to get ice cream and somehow find a way of finishing it before i get home (Don’t judge me). Contact The Icecream Factory here.
4. Chocolat Royal AKA “Ije-Kuje Central”: I have been a fan of this from my younger days, gets me spoilt for choice every-time, and for someone that’s naturally indecisive, walking into the store doesn’t help, I think I piss the attendants off by the way I walk around for about 15 minutes before I finally settle on what to get (but their ice cream is a must though) but it’s not my fault, there’s just so many nice looking things to choose from and I can’t have them all (Darn Diabetes). I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical about going there again after their scandal but i must say that they’ve managed to bounce back well and that’s Kudos to their management. Chocolat Royale is listed on Lekki Republic.
5. Sweet Kiwi Frozen Yogurt: I know this is not your conventional Ice Cream shop, I just had to do it for the culture, plus no one can tell me that growing up they never called it Ice Cream especially the ones that used to Hawk in traffic or ride a bicycle (Not all heroes wear capes). These guys let you pick what you would like to add to your yogurt, adding that personal touch to their treat, and the best part about it is that it is healthy so in the long run you’re not playing yourself. Sweet Kiwi Yogo is on Admiralty way, Lekki.
That’s all for today, so what are you waiting for? Go get your Ice Cream. Know other interesting Icecream spots in Lekki, Ikoyi, VI or Ajah? Let us know in the comments area.